The Velo Orange Flat Pack Rack is designed to be super strong and adaptable, allowing it to be neatly mounted on nearly any bike with rack mounts on the fork blades.
Adjustability is accomplished by employing sliding stays and darumas to dial in the position and level of the rack. With so many forks out there riddled with eyelets and holes for low-riders and 3-pack mounts, you can choose where the rack will mount.
The platform is known as a “demi-porteur”. Its size is somewhere between a full Porteur and traditional Randonneur front rack. The main benefit to the demi-porteur style is better stabilization for large Randonneur Handlebar Bags as well as better support for baskets and large, bikepacking bags.
The uprights are removable and can be interchanged between a decaleur receiver for a Randonneur-style handlebar bag and a tombstone loop for a basket or other luggage.
When disassembled, it can fold almost completely flat - which is really useful for travel where space is at a premium.
The Flat Pack Rack mounts to the fork crown using a little do-dad we call a Foot. This beefy mount sits flat against the fork crown and is also mounted to a daruma-style receiver, so it can slide up or down and in and out depending on your clearance needs.
The lower portion of the stays are curved in such a way that they can mount flush on the side of your fork's blades.
Additionally, the front of the rack features a braze-on for a light mount.
The kit includes all the hardware you need to install the rack on most bikes:
- Four aluminum alloy stays - use two for a weight capacity of 12 lbs or use all four for a weight capacity of up to 17 lbs.
- Five daruma assemblies
- Decaleur receiver
- Foot with M6 bolt, washer, and nylock nut
- Screws for fork mounting
- Platform size: 27.5cm x 20.3cm
- Weight (including all hardware): 708g
- Material: Stainless steel platform, backstop, and mounting hardware. Aluminum alloy stays and daruma.
- Weight capacity: 12lbs with two stays / 17lbs with all four stays